Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Of fishes and netting

Who would've thought, another disease outbreak AGAIN! So i changed from changing two big pails of water every week to every alternate week because i'm getting lazy, just when its approaching the weekend when i'm about to change the water, i notice the one damn disease that's been haunting both me and my aquarium for ages.
 
Decades ago ( and have been ) it wasnt this bad, i dont know, ever since the death of the arowana its becoming like this. Almost like the restless souls of arowana haunting the aquarium, hiring a exorcist might work. O_O So now i'm down to draining the entire aquarium dry again. Its a lot of work, and a lot of strain to my back as well.
 
So i was changing the medium of the Intensive Care Unit ( its nothing short of just water and a bit of salt only ), and moving the fishes over. One of the Grey Tin Foil Barb's dorsal fin was stuck to the fishing net, hell it struggled like mad and i had to sit down with a scissors! WAIT...not to cut its fin, but were attempting to cut the net to free it. I had to hold its body with my bare hands to settle it down for a while before i work to pull its fin out of net. Well i managed to pull the fin off the net! WAIT...its still attached to its body dont worry, although it seems a little damaged. Man, i love that fish a lot, and it pains me to see it in pain and wounded.
 
In all my experience, i know it when fish behaves weird. I did hear slight splashes of water when i was in my study room. Its odd. If it jumps right and hit the cover of the ICU hardly and loudly, once in long while, its normal. So i ignored it for a while and after my shower i checked on them, i noticed a third White Tin Foil Barb and a missing Grey one. I swear i count the number of fishes EVERYDAY, even on normal days. I was too afraid of their suicide attempts so i inspected them through the slight translucent cover.
 
HELL, ITS THE BELLY OF THE FISH!
 
Another dead fish. Who wouldve thought me trying to free it from the net would traumatized it and eventually killed it ( Yes, fishes can die of fright believe it or not ).
 
.....
 
Ok i actually just got back from burying it. About 5 min or so. Im not throwing another damn fish into the trash bin no more, because it sucks to know something you have feeling towards ended up in the filthy truck that comes by tomorrow.
 
Now my day is spoilt, and its worse than even knowing i did not get any High Distinction for my last semester exams. ARGHHHHH!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment