Thursday, April 14, 2011

Of toast and half boiled eggs

Life's simple at times. Most of the time, which I'm glad to say.

At least that's what I get to say when I'm occupied with tons of school work, takes your mind of the unnecessary thoughts. Since last week I've been working like a buzzing bee in a oven hot nest, could hardly take a break with the stacking school work, least my optimism reminds me of the best reward at the end of it - a week's break. Besides, I've been seeing a lot of people graduating in the campus recently in huge groups, they really do motivate me. Every time I walked past them I would tell myself, "One day mate, one day. And it'll be my turn and then all that I've done will be worthwhile".

Been working a lot, also not forgetting my moto of work hard play hard. I DID NOT play as much I swear, only a good 2-3hours of Starcraft 2 in a couple of days. However I sure do know how to take a break sometimes. Spent like a forever in the early morning ( yes 8am ) doing assignment which is due a day afterwards ( Note: The assignment is a minor one and is pretty easy to do, i finished way earlier just now and submitted way earlier than the due time), well stopped at near 10 o'clock and woke up after that. Had the best damn thing for brunch.
Half boiled eggs served with kaya/butter toast. GOOD LORD! They tasted so good! Not to mention I finished my brunch with a warm cup of 3-in-1 white coffee. Worked my ass off so I could submit my assignment early just now, well after all the hard work I sure did reward myself justly. I watched the latest episode of Naruto which released like 2-3 hours. Imagine that temptations seducing you while you're completing the assignment.

Other than that life's been good, aside from academic. Fell sick the other day for 2 days or so. Actually I only get a serious fever for a day. Thanks to Pfizer's Celebrex, gosh they're so powerful as a medication.

Autumn's here. The scenery is pretty as well, trees with crimson red leaves and ground carpeted with red leaves, while some other trees still stand firm and green.

Homesickness is something that is completely unheard of here anyways. At least for me. Damn, having the opportunity to learn and become independent at an incredibly young age does have its advantage.

Going to look forward to bake egg tarts this Easter Break. My mom's recipe is divine, there is no argue around it. I don't care what cuisine award you've got, or whether they're those Portuguese egg tarts at Bakery's Cottage or King's Cake house which already taste good, there is no replacement to THAT egg tart recipe.  Always had a problem coming to a stop after I started eating em'. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment