Monday, July 6, 2009

Knowing

I just watched the movie "Knowing", and i have really nothing to say. The scenes with people falling apart from the gruesome death...I dont know how to describe that feeling...I havent felt that for a long time, or rather...never had.
 
I was literally left speechless the entire time, i just couldnt breathe and my body just froze there watching the scenes. The screams are just petrifying. I think the moments when you are alone are the most frightening. So my thoughts were why exactly people are afraid of death? My personal thoughts are simply because they were scared to move on alone, they have no idea where they're heading.
 
Given you blindfolded, and left all alone, you would of course tremble in fear. However when given a hand where you could hold on to, or someone you could just hug towards to, you would of course feel safe. I know my blog is not exactly the kind of readeable ones, because i have so many thoughts going through my mind all the time, and i just have a feeling i should just get them written down somewhere before i forgot. Another thing is, dont you feel like you have voices over your head trying to tell you something or prove you something? Funny because i have so many things happened in my life before, somehow after a while they start to make a lot of sense why is it happening to me. Check out the lyrics of this song i've embeded in my blog titled "Somewhere only we know"
 
Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when, you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
And if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go, somewhere only we know
Somewhere only we know?
 
This is more than just coincidence i think. I was thinking about that phrase i mentioned earlier, about you being alone and such. My followed thoughts were, isnt that how we behaved when we were kids? We'd always look for a shelter and a sense of security and safety, and that usually come from our parents. A simple hug and babies would usually calm down, and that happened exactly to my sis's bf's newly bought puppy. It'd just settle down when its very near to you, like how my sis would hugged and tucked it near to her body. So kids werent all that afraid already isnt it? With their parents around all the time and they'd know they'll never be alone.
 
But what comes next when the hourglass takes a turn and the sand, just like time is running out?
 
You suddenly realised you were kinda alone isnt it? Some were brave enough to leave perhaps, some were comforted and embark on their next journey just like how your loved ones would send you off at the airport. The rest? They have faith in religions. They know there is someone taking the next path like my grandmother would do.
 
She had a strong belief in chritianity, and she just passed away less than 2 weeks ago. So she wasnt all that afraid of death, and she would probably be in the glory of the heavens now. For the rest of the people who were afraid, that is when they started thinking of their loved ones, and maybe probably their parents and where were all the comfort they used to shower on them? Just like the old days?
 
AND
 
this is the creepy part. Just now when i was thinking how to properly phrase my thoughts into paragraphs, untill the part "just like the old days?", i was resting my head on my hand which were supporting my heavy head, and just when i sorta regained consciousness of my surrounding, the lyrics came RIGHT into my head! Everything made sense now!
 
Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when, you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
And if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go, somewhere only we know
Somewhere only we know?
 
Do you see it?
"Oh simple thing, where have you gone?" which are like our parents. We're getting old...and we need something to rely on! So tell me when, you're gonna let me in which is like the heaven's gate and our religion, and the same goes for i'm getting tired. "And if you have a minute" is suggesting somewhere like just a day, every Sunday, "why dont we go talk about it somewhere only we know"....Which is talking about christianity in churches! So when death could be the end of everything, why not...believe in the place where we would go? Which is....like....heaven. oh my god...
 
heres the thing...i cant believe everything is making sense and is completely relevent to me.
1) i downloaded a movie for no godamn reason, really.
2) I found this song "somewhere only we know" by Keane in the movie "hes just not that into you" and i dont know why i downloaded the song
3) my grandma's passing
4) The new puppy and all the baby comfort thoughts
 
Everything, clicked AGAIN, and is telling me the SAME THING AGAIN. I swear this isnt the first time when everything coincidentally clicked together again, maybe you can call me an emo for watching such movies like "Knowing". But isnt the part of me choosing to watch this movie, a little too coincidental as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment