Friday, January 22, 2010

日有所思,夜有所梦

Before anything else, just wanted to say i had some fun going to the hot spring with my AUSMAT friends. Awesome, easy going fun day for the 5 of us.
 
Now is the real deal. I had a dream while i was sleeping, and it was sorta like a brief looking into the various cutscenes of a movie. I knew it was some movie that i loved and had watched before, but it was so long ago that i could not trace it at all. The whole story sets in a chinese historical time, where it would seem like a time like a decade or 2 after World War 2.
 
It all began with this scene where an old man, on a corner of a street next to his mobile porridge stall, you know how those big trolleys last time they used to go round selling foods, and those trolleys looked very much like the kiosk stalls nowadays in malls, just much older and dirtier and wooden. So he was at this corner, and he saw two better dressed gentleman standing outside this shop, he then turned, filled a bowl of porridge and then started approaching the two gentlemen and from the looks of it, he was trying to offer it to them. The two gentlemen were whispering to each other, and calling the old man in strayed clothes a liar and whatnot, funny they all converse in chinese, and they were all not murmuring, it was a very clear dialogue but i could not remember the exact words.
 
Then came another scene, where the man was pulled away by 2 policemen, and another one officer was standing behind and was saying something along the line of "never have i arrested you" which does not make any sense to me, but that officer does have a very serious look and was no where near friendly.
 
Then so many more scenes and everyone of them felt so familar. Next one came was me with a little brother outside god knows where, on a road with some flower garden up far ahead, and then to my right is my mom, which doesnt look like my mom at all but the feeling i had was she was my mom, holding up a phone, during a prison inmate visit hour. You know how visitors room in prisons are, i mean they always have this glass panel in between, and a phone across the glass panel to talk to each other. So i callled my mom, and she didnt even respond to my call at all, and all was in my mind is "she mustve missed my brother too much" and i actually smiled. Right after that to my left, came my elder brother behind a fence and he was sooo joyed to see me, and so was I. Weird thing is...why is not opposite of the glass panel?  You know how weird sometimes dreams are, the setting of the story and the locations does not make any sense at all.
 
Weird thing is
- How is my mom not responding to my brother when he came?
- How did i even know he was my elder brother? Emotionally i just knew it
- Why is she stilll on the phone? haha
- I thought it was an old man that got caught and imprisoned, why was it my brother?
- Why did i see a great deal of myself in that officer?
 
Weird dream indeed, but i felt a deep connection to it and just had to blog about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment